Monday, March 1, 2010

Love

When I met Lily for the first time, I learned a new kind of love. This overwhelming, sacrificial love that comes with having a child. She was the most beautiful thing that had ever happened to Grant and I.

How the Father must love me. I love hard. And all the love that I am capable of having does not even compare to His. He is the definition of love. He teaches us how to love. I don't, I can't love without him. It's easy to love the easy, but what good is that alone? He teaches me how to love the difficult...wow, what a love!

I have so much love for Lily. It grows more and more everyday. It screams inside of me dying to come out! I talk myself out of crawling into her crib just to hold her at night. It's hard to be away from her, even in the next room.

What love. We are all so loved.

1 comment:

  1. right on. it's so amazing when i realize that our love for Lily pales in comparison to God's love for each one of us. it's that same love that has been overwhelming me lately with grace--washing over former guilty feelings, only to allow me to experience God's freedom from expectation...his joy in me. and it's created such a freeing joy in me. great post, babe!

    ReplyDelete